Thursday, 29 August 2013

Rice and Chicken Stir-Fry

Ingredients:
1 Boneless chicken breast (cut in strips)
½ Tablespoon ginger
2 Cloves garlic, minced
½ Red bell pepper or tatase (seeded and cut in strips)
½ Green Pepper (seeded and cut in strips)
8 Baby corns
8 Bamboo shoots
1 Large carrot (cut in strips)
1 Onion bulb (cut ½ in strips)
4 Teaspoons vegetable oil
1 Knorr Cube
A Dash of curry
1 Cup chicken broth
1 Tablespoon cornstarch
2 Tablespoons soy sauce
1 Teaspoon oyster sauce

Veggies cut in strips



Directions:
Wash the chicken, pat dry and put in a bowl. Add ½ cube of knorr, a dash of curry, 1 spoon of soy sauce, 1 Tablespoon of oil, garlic and ginger. Grate ½ of the onions in (I prefer grating my onion when marinating). Allow to marinate for 10-15 minutes.

Mix the chicken broth, soy sauce, oyster sauce and cornstarch in another bowl. Set aside.

In a large frying pan, add the remaining oil. Add the chicken marinade and stir-fry for 3-4minutes, add the vegetables. Add the chicken broth mixture. Cook another 2mins or till it thickens. Turn off the heat as soon as it thickens. Serve over any kind of long grain rice (I used basmati).

ENJOY your meal ;)

22 comments:

  1. Hayyyyy! She has come again o! I'm hiring u 2 cater for my wedding. Daz all

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looool Kinelo. I dunno if I can handle a large scale catering oh. Make I no go fall ur hand there. LoL.

      Delete
  2. I waaant!!! Even though it looks too good to eat :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahahahaha, datz exactly how my dad felt. He kept looking at the food like "I don't wanna spoil it" lwkmd.

      Delete
  3. Omoh, dis meaL make brain...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha...u were a lucky taster. Glad u liked it.

      Delete
  4. This looks better than what I pay 11.99 for. Nice Work, n the plate is cute

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha Onyi, thanks a bunch. I nid sum sindhu's recipe for lamb madras and Naan bread tho. I'm sure that's what will really get ur attn. Haha!!!

      Delete
  5. This is really nice. Pls for us wey be learners, what is the igbo market equivalent of bamboo shoots, baby corn, oyster sauce, etc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oma, i found bamboo shoots and baby corn in the tin foods sections of a departmental store. If you check big stores like shop rite etc, you'll see it. Oyster sauce is everywhere, even in the regular market.

      Delete
  6. Hi chichi, thanks loads for your blog...... Its great help in making a variety of meals....you are the bomb....biko, don't stop pippin....God bless and increase you, Amen....:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ameeeeeeeeen!!! Thanx a lot for your compliment. I'll do my best to post a new recipe a day! Please try some out and let me know how it goes!

      Delete
  7. Am definately trying dis. Its healthy and easy. Am bad at all dis social networking, pls how do I follow ur blog and get updates easily?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol @ being bad @ social networking. My dear I'm just as bad oh. I still hvnt figured out how pple can follow me but I think that wud be my assignment today. I'll get dat done ASAP.

      Delete
  8. Thnks Chichi I loaded d credit, my reward for alwayz followin ur blog! :D *dancing* keep shining girl, dis blog is taking u places...I'm Ada's friend by the way...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Bukky, thanks so much for participating and a lot more thanks for following my blog....Amen to it taking me places!!!

      Delete
  9. this looks really good, you're an amazing cook. please what is the white thing in the middle of the cut veggies in the 2nd plate?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, thanks for the compliment. Those are bamboo shoots. I got them at chanrai's supermarket in port harcourt.

      Delete
  10. hi Chichi, please what is chicken broth? i really love your blog. keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tnx for the compliment dear! Chicken brothe is same as chicken stock...Water u get after boiling d chicken.

      Delete
  11. Hi chichi, thanks for the recipe. Please can all purpose flour be used in place of corn starch. Thanks

    ReplyDelete