Monday, 2 September 2013

Steak Quesadillas

Ingredients:
1 lb Beef (thinly sliced)
1 small green pepper (sliced)
1 small red pepper (sliced)
1 Onion bulb (½ minced, ½ sliced)
2 garlic cloves (minced)
4 flour tortillas
½ lb Cheddar cheese (shredded)
½ lb Mozzarella cheese (shredded)
½ Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
½ Tablespoon Soy Sauce
2 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
Knorr or Salt n Pepper to taste

Directions:
Add the oil to a large skillet, add the minced onions and garlic, then add the meat. Add the sauces to the beef and cook till it's well done and all the stock absorbed.

Add the peppers and sliced onions and sauté for a minute. Adjust seasoning if necessary. Remove from heat.

Mix the cheeses and divide into two bowls (for the top and bottom). Spread the tortilla out on a tray. Divide one bowl of cheese equally on half side of each tortilla. Divide the sautéed meat between the tortilla and on top of the cheese and then spread the second bowl of cheese on top of the meat. Fold the other half of the tortilla to close.

Using panini press, grill the quesadillas till the cheese is melted. If you don't have a press, you can toast one side of the quesadillas with a skillet, flip and toast the other side till the cheese is melted. You can also bake in an oven till the cheese is melted.

ENJOY with a side of guacomole, salsa and sour cream.

9 comments:

  1. Hayyyy! Na everyday u dey enter kitchen? * faints*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, man gasto eat everyday right? *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I stumbled into your blog today,I must admit your are a very good writer and a better cook I hope to see more of your posts.I love cooking blogs and also love practising what interests me.hopely I will try this soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ayush. Your compliment made me smile. Please let me know how it goes. Send me pics if possible!

      Delete
  4. If I don't try any other recipe, I must try this one!... Thanks again for the cred :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. plssssssssssssssssss tell me where I can get tortillas in Abuja if you know...i miss makin quesadillas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can definitely get it from shoprite. They carry their own brand. That's the one I used.

      Delete
  6. Chichi,
    I gbadun you walahi!

    I was thinking sandwich toaster can also be used to melt the cheese.

    When I add mayonnaise to bread and put in sandwich maker/toaster, it melts the mayonnaise!

    Sandwich maker is very cheap-#1800

    ReplyDelete