Wednesday, 4 December 2013

Apple Pies



Please enjoy the million and one pictures. I "hired" a friend of mine to take pictures today and she went all camera happy on me. I guess it's a good thing afterall so that no one would miss any step...ENJOY the recipe and I hope someone makes this for the holidays...oh, did I mention the house smelled HEAVENLY today as these pies baked??? *sniff sniff*

Ingredients for the filling:
3 Apples (peeled, cored and chopped)
2 Tablespoons butter
¼ Cup white sugar
2 Tablespoons brown sugar
1 Teaspoon cinnamon
¼ Teaspoon salt
2 Teaspoons water



Ingredients for dough:
2 Cups flour
½ Cup frozen unsalted butter (1 stick)
1 Tablespoon sugar
1 Teaspoon salt
6 Tablespoons ice cold water


Directions:
Combine the dough ingredients except water in a food processor and pulse till the butter breaks up.

Add the water and pulse more till it starts to come together then pour out into a work surface and knead gently till it forms one ball.

Wrap in cling film and let dough rest in refrigerator for 30 mins - 1hr.


While the dough is resting, make the filling.
Melt the butter in a saucepan.


Add the apples, turn for 3minutes.


Then add the sugars and turn for 5minutes.


Add the cinnamon and water and turn some more till the apples are soft.


Pour out into a plate and let cool.


Cut the chilled dough into a four places.


Roll each part out and cut a circle.


Put one spoonful of filling.


Roll half of the dough over.


Fold the open ends over and press down.


Crimp the folded part using your two hands.



Arrange on a parchment paper and brush with an egg wash then make ventilation holes.


Bake till it's browned.


15 comments:

  1. gawd, i so love ur blog,, i am so goin to open one big store courtesy ur blog, hahaha, thumbs up gal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww tnx darl. Please let me know when you open your big store so I'll be coming for freebies ;)

      Delete
  2. I can practically smell the cinamon...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pheeew, the house smelled soooooo good. Dat delicious smell of cinnamon, sugar, buttery pastry etc had me wanting to bake apple pies everyday.

      Delete
    2. Cinnamon is a wonderful spice. I use it in almost everything!!

      Delete
  3. wat kind of cup do u use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use a standard measuring cup...I got the set from a baking store.

      Delete
  4. please what do u mean by pulse? Am bush so I don't know what u mean by a food processor. Is it a blender? I know this is off topic but please where can I get a corn syrup and whipped cream in Nigeria, preferably esp state. M sorry for d many questions. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi...wen I say "pulse" I mean to run ur blender/food processor for like 3secs. You can find corn syrup and whipped cream in shoprite. I don't know Edo State so I don't know the stores there.

      Delete
  5. Preferably Edo state*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks dear, I will try. Haven't got a mixer yet. Don't like mixing with my hand.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How does blender mix? Got a 1.5litre blender.

    ReplyDelete